If you are a true Bong minded person who loves tradition and culture of Kolkata, then you are bound to celebrate a Monsoon Bong Fish Fiesta, in the kitchen, during these July- August -September months. The abundance of fishes like Hilsa/Illish, Pabda/Butter Fish, Prawn and many more caught by our happy fishermen and the profound site of availability in the local market excite our taste buds to buy back home few variants and to cook in style for your guest and family members. Here, these recipes are helping hand for the preparation you wish to incorporate for separate fish. We can't ignore the usual instinct of traditional Bengali cooking methods of Jhol/Jhal/Bhapa, but few addition of trendy ingredients sometimes can satisfy the excellent dining options at home itself.
Tele Jhale Ranga Illish
6 large Epar Bangla Hilsa pieces
4 tea spoon fine COOKME Black Mustard paste
1 teaspoon SHELLY Poppy paste
1/4th cup EMAMI HEALTHY &TASTY Mustard Oil
6 Green Chillies
2 tbsp MOTHER DAIRY Cream
3 teaspoon Homemade Cottage Cheese(channa)
1/4th teaspoon COOKME Turmeric powder
1/8th teaspoon COOKME Turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon COOKME Red Chilli powder
2 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon COOKME Paanch Foron/Bengali Five Spice
2 scoops of fresh Coconut cream
1 Gondhoraj/ Lemon Leaf
1/4th cup warm Water
Salt as per taste
1.To make the Tele Jhale Ranga Bong Illish, firstly clean the fish and dry it. Season with salt and 1/8th teaspoon of Turmeric for 15 minutes.
2. Mix together cottage cheese, mustard and poppy paste in a bowl. Marinate the fish pieces with this mixture for 15 minutes.
3. Mix turmeric and chilli powder with little water in a small bowl.
4. Heat a medium flat heavy bottomed iron Kadhai with oil and a pinch of salt in medium to low flame.
5. Add Paanch Foron, Bay leaf and green chillies. Stir for few seconds, immediately add chilly and turmeric water mix.
6. Arrange the marinated fish pieces in oil. Let it cook for5 minutes.
7. Add cream, fresh coconut cream and gondhoraj leaf. Add few tablespoon full of water if it dries up. To make extra gravy add the warm water.
8. Once the oil floats check for salt and add few more green chillies.
9.Let it rest for 15 minutes.
10. Serve with Steamed rice and green chilli once you are ready to it.